Cleveland Hopkins International Airport (CLE) is located about 9 miles southwest of the business district of Cleveland, Ohio in the northeastern portion of the Buckeye state. It is the states largest airport. The airport was founded in 1925 and was the first municipally owned airport in the country. CLE was named after former city manager and airport founder, William R. Hopkins in 1951.
Cleveland Hopkins has two parallel runways that handle over 9 million passengers each year. Daily there are over 250 nonstop flights to over 74 different destinations including international flights taking off from CLE. International air service includes flights to the Bahamas, Canada, Mexico, and the Dominican Republic. CLE is a hub airport for Continental Airlines and 8 other carriers provide services from Cleveland Airport.
There is one main terminal at Cleveland Hopkins and it consists of two-levels and four Concourses. The main terminal houses several restaurants and bars, the Hudson News, an ATM, and near the Baggage Claim are Taxi Services, Currency Exchange, a USO lounge and Valet Parking Services. Concourse A has 13 gates, Concourse B has 11 gates, Concourse C has 26 gates, and Concourse D has 16 gates and is a separate terminal that is connected to the Main Terminal by an underground tunnel to Concourse C.
There are over 7,000 public parking spaces available on airport grounds. These parking options include an hourly parking garage, long term airport parking, and an economy shuttle parking lot. For easier pick up of arriving passengers the airport has a cell phone lot.
22 different limo companies offer services at CLE as well as shuttle companies, taxis, buses, rental car companies and the Greater Cleveland Regional Transit Authority (RTA). The RTA has a Red Line which provides convenient service between the airport and downtown Cleveland areas. The RTA station is located in the lower level of the main terminal.